CyberCell, VIIT recently held its very first publicly online CTF, the vishwaCTF-Mini, the pre-event for their main CTF – vishwaCTF’21. The event was a great success and by far exceeded all the expectations on the response it would get.
1.The mini-CTF unexpectedly got a huge response from the First Year students of the colleges, even though they had just joined the college not over 2 weeks ago. And all of them really played well in the CTF, learning new concepts and cracking numerous flags. They are indeed a very passionate lot, to get half of the Top 10 spots.🔥
2. The event got the participation of over 430 users in over 160 teams, clocking in flags continuously right from the start of the 24-hour long CTF, to the very end. This, given the fact that this was a learning CTF with no prizes involved, makes them very happy with the enthusiastic players they got. A hearty thanks to all those who participated.🤩
3. They had 8 challenges with less than 5 solves. And there were 2 problems that hadn’t been solved by any of the participating teams. This CTF was designed to be extremely beginner-friendly.
4. Their websites also showed impressions much over the expectations. Their websites got a total of almost 1K Unique Visitors. And, a total of almost 69K impressions on all their webpages within a week 😇
5. The whole team is very happy and proud of the fact that they pulled off a CTF of such a level without meeting each other in the process physically, even once. The team as a whole came a lot closer to cover each others’ mistakes and boost each others’ skills. They all now have the confidence to pull off a CTF on an even bigger level, like never before.💫
Guideline solutions are put up at:
Some more facts & figures:
- Number of Problems: 26
- Flag Submissions: 8410
- Right submissions: 724 (8.64%)
- Wrong submissions : 7656 (91.36%)
- Users: 462
- Teams: 176
- IP Addresses: 2207 (Needed?)
- Possible Points: 2635
- Top Points: 2465
- Unsolved Challenges: 1
- Challenges with <20% solve ratio : 16
Wanna Practice before the final blow?
What if you don’t know anything about CTFs?
You can go and try reading this article from our website which explains everything about CTFs and how it’s played, what are skills that you gain and how it is beneficial for you , if you wanted to make a career in cybersecurity and ethical hacking.
Get the latest tech news and updates, ethical hacking tutorials and cybersecurity tips and tricks. Check out MeuSec for more.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores and/or online campaigns. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.
2 replies on “VishwaCTF Mini: A small spark before the final Payload”
Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept
Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing a few months of hard work due to no backup.
Do you have any solutions to stop